Earn More. Impact More.
With the turn of a new year, there's more reason than ever to build your legacy with a charitable gift annuity (CGA). CGA rates increased on January 1, 2023, and the tax deduction has skyrocketed for itemizers.
A charitable gift annuity is a way you can make a gift to your favorite charity and receive fixed payments for life in return. The payments can begin immediately or be deferred to a future date. - American Council on Gift Annuities
Benefits of a Charitable Gift Annuity
- Based on life expectancy, older annuitants (the person or people receiving the CGA payments) have higher payment rates.
- You have the potential to increase disposable cash flow.
- If you itemize, you may receive a charitable income tax deduction in the year you set up the gift annuity.
- Each year a portion of your payment is income tax-free until you reach your anticipated life expectancy.
- If you fund your gift annuity with appreciated property, rather than cash, you could benefit even more with favorable capital gains tax treatment at the time of your gift.
- After your lifetime, the remaining portion of your gift will support our Methodist Hospital Foundation mission, helping to fulfill your philanthropic goals.
Want to talk with us about establishing a CGA?
Our planned giving team would be happy to speak with you in confidence, with no obligation.